Making uninstallable system app

Viewed 960

What are the preconditions to get following behaviour:

  • app can't be uninstalled NOR disabled
  • app runs as system app

What I know so far:

  • rooted phone => actually, not necessary if app is a system app

What I tried:

  • install app under /system/app => this makes it uninstallable but it still is deactivateable
  • install app under /system/app-priv => does not change anything compared to installing it under /system/app
  • install app under /system/app-priv/<app_name> => this breaks the app

Ideas

  • To correctly make an app an system app it must be signed as a system app? Could this be? Then I can move it to /system/app-priv/<app_name>? Just a guess, but I think I've already read something like this when reading about something else... If this is true, how do I sign my app as system app?
  • am I wrong or missing something?

I'm open to alternate solutions, all I want is that my app can't be deinstalled nor disabled

0 Answers
Related