Unable to load Google Maps API with Geolocation

Viewed 470

I followed the documentation on Google itself regarding the Map API and other sources to try to figure out what's wrong but after a few hours of trying it still doesnt work..

Could anyone please guide me into solving it?

<div class="generatedMap"></div>
                <div class="generatedMap"></div>
                <script src="//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3&client=gme-KEYFROMGOOGLEAPI" type="text/javascript"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                    function initMap() {
                        /*var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(latitude, longitude);
                        var mapOptions = {
                            zoom: 5,
                            center: new google.maps.LatLng(latitude, longitude)
                        }
                        map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('generatedMap'), mapOptions);*/

                        var latitudeHF = document.getElementById("<%=HF_Latitude.ClientID %>");
                        var longitudeHF = document.getElementById("<%=HF_Longitude.ClientID %>");

                        var latitude = 0.0;
                        var longitude = 0.0;

                        if (latitudeHF)
                        {
                            latitude = latitudeHF.value;
                        }

                        if (longitudeHF) {
                            longitude = longitudeHF.value;
                        }

                        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('generatedMap'), {
                            zoom: 8,
                            center: new google.maps.LatLng(latitude, longitude),
                            mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.SATELLITE
                        });

                        var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
                            position: new google.maps.LatLng(latitude, longitude),
                            map: map,
                            title: "<div style = 'height:60px;width:150px'><b>Consumer's location:</b><br />Latitude: " + latitude + "<br />Longitude: " + longitude
                        });
                    }

                    google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initMap);
                </script>

I'm actually retrieving the saved latitude and longitude from my database, then storing it into a HiddenField and retrieving it from there..

foreach (DataRow r in ds.Tables[0].Rows)
        {
            accountDB = r["AccountStatus"].ToString();
            latitudeDB = Convert.ToDouble(r["Latitude"]);
            longitudeDB = Convert.ToDouble(r["Longitude"]);
            usernameDB = r["Username"].ToString();
            ipDB = r["IPAddressOfCreation"].ToString();
        }

HF_Latitude.Value = latitudeDB.ToString();
HF_Longitude.Value = longitudeDB.ToString();

I removed the Google Map API key for illustration purposes..

I got both the latitude and longitude displayed as shown in the picture but i cant seem to display the map..

display

Appreciate any help please!

1 Answers
Related