Include phone frame in snapshot in Android Emulator

Viewed 6739

I'm developing an app and I'm using Android Emulator to get some snapshots.

By default, the screen is captured without the phone frame, like this:

enter image description here

but I'd like to add the phone frame, like this (I captured the screen using the Mac built-in screen capture)

enter image description here

How can I do that? I could use the Mac screen capture but then I would have to crop the images, resizing them etc..etc..)

4 Answers

Do NOT click on the camera icon next to the device. That emulates taking a screenshot using the device to itself. (i.e. power and volume down on a physical device.)

Go to Android Studio itself and then:

cmd+shift+p > Screen Capture!

enter image description here

Surprisingly, it's a different thing and gives you the frame.

enter image description here

This is how you change the mode Click on the emulator Press Ctrl + Z on Windows machine to change the mode Press again for vise versa, not sure about macs

Related