the receiving end does not support push options

Viewed 5609

At first my server's git version was 2.7.4 and the error was accurate. Afterwards, however, I updated and have confirmed this with git version:

Server

$ git --version  
git version 2.13.0

Client

$ git --version  
git version 2.11.0 (Apple Git-81)

Yet when I try to push this happens:

$ git push --push-option=test  
fatal: the receiving end does not support push options  
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Even though according to documentation this should be supported in both the client version and server version:
2.11.0
2.13.0

I even created two new local repositories on each and then tried to push to the other local repository from the other (so it isn't even communicating between a different server) yet I still get that error. Is there something I have to enable? I can't find anything about having to do that on the docs.

1 Answers
Related