Well, I'm going crazy, there's something I don't get with the Symfony (3.3) autowiring stuff. I've read those resources : http://symfony.com/doc/current/service_container.html http://symfony.com/doc/current/service_container/3.3-di-changes.html and others that I can't post because I need 10 reputation. I've also read many articles/stackoverflow posts, but with no luck.
I've tried to set up my services, and it almost works, it's just that the EntityManager is null, so I can't call ->getRepository() on it. The error happens on the line like this in my factory:
$databaseTournament = $this->em->getRepository('AppBundle:Tournament')
->find($tournament);
"Call to a member function getRepository() on null"
It seems to find the services correctly but never injects the EntityManager in the factory. I've tried to configure things explicitely in the services.yml, but I never managed to make it work.
I'm trying to figure it ou since yesterday, but I'm getting really confused. Could you help me ? Thank you in advance ! :)
Here are my files :
services.yml:
parameters:
services:
_defaults:
autowire: true
autoconfigure: true
public: false
AppBundle\:
resource: '../../src/AppBundle/*'
exclude: '../../src/AppBundle/{Entity,Repository,Tests}'
AppBundle\Controller\:
resource: '../../src/AppBundle/Controller'
public: true
tags: ['controller.service_arguments']
EntryFactory:
<?php
namespace AppBundle\Factory;
use AppBundle\Entity\Entry;
use AppBundle\Entity\Team;
use AppBundle\Entity\Tournament;
use AppBundle\Exception\InvalidEntryArgumentException;
use Doctrine\ORM\EntityManagerInterface;
use Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException;
class EntryFactory
{
private $em;
public function __construct(EntityManagerInterface $em)
{
$this->em = $em;
}
public function createEntry($tournament, $team, $eliminated = false)
{
$entry = new Entry();
if ($tournament instanceof Tournament) {
$entry->setTournament($tournament);
}
elseif (is_int($tournament) && $tournament >= 0) {
$databaseTournament = $this->em->getRepository('AppBundle:Tournament')->find($tournament);
if (is_null($databaseTournament)) {
throw new EntityNotFoundException('Tournament (id:'.$tournament.') not found.');
}
else {
$entry->setTournament($databaseTournament);
}
}
else {
throw new InvalidEntryArgumentException('Could not determine the Tournament argument.');
}
if ($team instanceof Team) {
$entry->setTeam($team);
}
elseif (is_int($team) && $team >= 0) {
$databaseTeam = $this->em->getRepository('AppBundle:Team')->find($team);
if (is_null($databaseTeam)) {
throw new EntityNotFoundException('Team (id:'.$team.') not found.');
}
else {
$entry->setTeam($databaseTeam);
}
}
else {
throw new InvalidEntryArgumentException('Could not determine the Team argument.');
}
$entry->setEliminated($eliminated);
return $entry;
}
}
EntryController:
<?php
namespace AppBundle\Controller;
use AppBundle\Entity\Entry;
use Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException;
use FOS\RestBundle\Controller\Annotations as Rest;
use FOS\RestBundle\Controller\FOSRestController;
use FOS\RestBundle\View\View;
use Nelmio\ApiDocBundle\Annotation\ApiDoc;
use Sensio\Bundle\FrameworkExtraBundle\Configuration\ParamConverter;
use Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response;
use Symfony\Component\Validator\ConstraintViolationList;
use AppBundle\Factory;
class EntryController extends FOSRestController
{
/**
* @ApiDoc(
* resource=true,
* section="Entries",
* description="Creates a new entry.",
* statusCodes={
* 201="Returned when created.",
* 400="Returned when a violation is raised by validation.",
* 404="Returned when a team or a tournament is not found."
* }
* )
*
* @Rest\Post(
* path="/entries",
* name="app_entry_create"
* )
* @Rest\View(statusCode=201)
* @Rest\RequestParam(
* name="tournamentId",
* requirements="\d+",
* nullable=false,
* description="The id of the tournament in which the team enters."
* )
* @Rest\RequestParam(
* name="teamId",
* requirements="\d+",
* nullable=false,
* description="The id of the team entering the tournament."
* )
*
* @param $tournamentId
* @param $teamId
* @param ConstraintViolationList $violationList
* @param Factory\EntryFactory $entryFactory
* @return Entry|View
* @throws EntityNotFoundException
* @internal param $id
* @internal param Entry $entry
*/
public function createEntryAction($tournamentId, $teamId, ConstraintViolationList $violationList,
Factory\EntryFactory $entryFactory)
{
if (count($violationList)) {
return $this->view($violationList, Response::HTTP_BAD_REQUEST);
}
$entry = $entryFactory->createEntry($tournamentId,$teamId);
$em->persist($entry);
$em->flush();
return $entry;
}
}
edit:
I must add that I've tried this and it doesn't work either:
in the services.yml:
AppBundle\Factory\EntryFactory:
public: true
arguments: ['@doctrine.orm.entity_manager']
in the EntryFactory:
public function __construct(EntityManager $em)
{
$this->em = $em;
}
edit 2:
I've also tried to disable everything new : still the same error
AppBundle\Factory\EntryFactory:
autowire: false
autoconfigure: false
public: true
arguments:
$em: '@doctrine.orm.entity_manager'
Same with disabling the folder in the default config :
AppBundle\:
resource: '../../src/AppBundle/*'
exclude: '../../src/AppBundle/{Entity,Repository,Tests,Factory}'