Java 8 Function Style Programming what is the difference between currying and Functions Composition

Viewed 1416

I am pretty new to the world of functional programming.Trying the new function style programming that ships with Java 8. recently I have come to know about currying and method composition. Understanding the true essence of functional style programming using java is pretty hard and now I have a couple of questions, However, before asking all these questions I have tried the same on python and now a bit familiar with few core concepts.

1.In java how Currying and method composition are different In fact I don't see any difference at all, especially after reading this article https://dzone.com/articles/higher-order-functions

2.As a programmar (from my java programming perspective) why would I prefer currying. for example why would i Do this f(x){ return g(y) } instead of f(x,y){ return x(y)} what difference does it make?

3 Answers
Related