Python installation does not have sqlite3 library

Viewed 4759

Trying to install Google Cloud Platform and got this warning mesasge

This python installation does not have sqlite3 library. Please upgrade your set of dependencies to include sqlite3 as otherwise gcloud commands will stop working in near future.

I checked if I have sqlite3 installed by typing sqlite3 in terminal and I got this

Last login: Sun Jul 30 17:13:58 on ttys000
J-2:~ j$ sqlite3
SQLite version 3.12.2 2016-04-18 17:30:31
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
Connected to a transient in-memory database.
Use ".open FILENAME" to reopen on a persistent database.
sqlite> .quit

I can't figure out what is missing. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

This means that your setup tools aren't updated and might possibly be obselete.

You can try fixing this issue by:

pip install --upgrade setuptools

If this doesn't work, try this:

sudo apt-get install python3.6-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcap-dev libpq-dev

I hope it will work. Cheers!

Related