PowerBI doesn't Refresh

Viewed 1906

I have several PowerBI reports that don't refresh automatically or whenever I press refresh in the website and I have to use PowerBI desktop app to refresh it manually and then save it or publish it again.

The reports use direct queries in MySQL db and are shown in PowerBI website. BTW, These are the PowerBI reports not dashboards. Also I tried to use Automatic Refresh but it failed every time.

2 Answers

Well Microsoft Power BI Provides a way to refresh the data automatically by configuring the schedule Refresh in the Power BI Service. So, that wherever there is updated data in the queue it will automatically refresh the data based on schedule time. Below are steps for configuring the schedule refresh.

  1. Open Power BI workspace.
  2. Switch to report tab as shown in the image here.

Click here to see the image

  1. Once you click on the button then you can see the new three icons as in the image here. Click here to see the image

  2. First and second are for report creation and refresh data. But the third icon is for schedule refresh. Click here to see the image

Once you have successfully completed the above steps then your data or report will automatically get refreshed.

Related