I am building a webapp and serving it over http2. However when I analyze network in Google Chrome (Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit))'s developers tools, it is clear that multiplexing does not work as there are only 6 active connections (like with http1.1) and the rest of connections are queued.
Why is this? Or are my expectations not correct?
The screenshot (you can see that protocol is http2):
Update #1:
- The backend runs on nginx 1.13;
- I am using custom modules loader which loads all the scripts at once (by creating script tag with
asyncattribute in a loop); - The screenshot shows that for line 8 and beyond the browser has received request to start downloading resources, but the white portion of line shows that this scripts were queued and the actual downloading started only when slots became available (see how line 8, 7 and 9 start loading once lines 2, 3 and 4 are done; the same goes for lines 11, 12, 13 and 5, 6, 7).
