CPU Profiling with Chrome DevTools

Viewed 2675

When viewing Chrome's Task Manager, I see the following:

enter image description here

That 34.9 is concerning. So I load up DevTools and take a look at the Javascript Profiler to see this:

enter image description here

I see that the most amount of time is spent in toBlob and compareFrames - two array-intensive operations. I see a lot of other things are related to knockout. But do all of these things account for the nearly 35% of my CPU usage? If not, how can I go about determining what is? What other tools and techniques are available for diagnosing high CPU usage in a web app through DevTools?

Update: I see that even through Windows Task Manager (Win10) Chrome is taking up ~60% of my i7's CPU. I profile and see this:

enter image description here

I've seen several guides (including the rendering perf guide and the udacity course) but nothing that has given me any insight into how to identify the source of this CPU bottleneck.

0 Answers
Related