Word navigation with option+←/→ in Atom and Visual Studio Code is different from Sublime Text and other applications which use native word navigation.
Take the following statement, for instance:
c.BindJSON(&input);
In applications that use native word navigation, the cursor—starting at the beginning of the line—will stop before the ., before the (, before the ), and at the end of the line. Four total → strokes to navigate through the code.
When using Atom and VS Code, however, it will make two (unnecessary in most cases) extra stops: before BindJSON and before input. That results in a total of six strokes of the right arrow to navigate through the code, and makes the editor experience feel really sluggish.
This might not seem like much, but take a line that has a few word separators and code navigation starts to get terribly slow.
I have found the following extension for Atom, sublime-word-navigation, which makes it behave the way I want. I could not find a similar extension for VS Code.
I was hoping someone out there could help me find it, or find something in the settings that would make it work. I have searched the settings, SO and the VS Code marketplace and could not find anything...