Node-RED and nodemailer - Error: unable to verify the first certificate

Viewed 5317

I am trying to make something very basic work and it just isn't working for me. I have a simple Node-RED flow with an inject input node and an email output node:

inject to email nodes

The properties of the email node look like this:

email config window

The error says:

"7/28/2017, 11:43:28 AM node: fname.lname@company.com msg : error "Error: unable to verify the first certificate"

I am able to manually send unauthenticated email through this server via telnet. Even if I enter account creds it gives me the same "Error: unable to verify the first certificate".

Am I missing something simple?

2 Answers

I don't have enough reputation to write a comment, but i am adding this line for the previous reply, somebody might need it,

to bypass this error in Node.js program, type:

process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = "0";
Related