jQuery-UI - "Cannot read property 'step' of undefined"

Viewed 23511

We've recently upgraded jQuery from version 2.2.4 to 3.1.1 and are now seeing some interesting errors. I installed the jquery-migrate plugin which helped me through a few errors, but not all. Below is the error I'm seeing in my developer console in Chrome and I can't seem to pin point where this error is occurring.

jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:1951 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'step' of undefined
    at String.<anonymous> (jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:1951)
    at each (jquery-3.1.1.slim.js:368)
    at Function.color.hook (jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:1913)
    at jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:1963
    at jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:2005
    at jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:14
    at jquery-ui-1.12.1.js:16

I've debugged in Chrome and it breaks inside of a function called jQuery.fx.step[ hook ]. When I hover over jQuery.fx, it's shown as undefined. See below

jQuery.fx.step[ hook ] = function( fx ) {
            if ( !fx.colorInit ) {
                fx.start = color( fx.elem, hook );
                fx.end = color( fx.end );
                fx.colorInit = true;
            }

I've uninstalled jquery-ui, but all that did was break Angular. Would love if someone could shed some light on the matter.

packages.config =

  <package id="Angular.Material" version="1.1.4" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="Angular.UI.Bootstrap" version="2.5.0" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="angular-file-upload" version="12.2.13" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Animate" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Aria" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Core" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Messages" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Resource" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Route" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="AngularJS.Sanitize" version="1.6.5" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="Antlr" version="3.5.0.2" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="Bootbox.JS" version="4.4.0" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="bootstrap" version="3.3.7" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="CommonServiceLocator" version="1.3" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="EntityFramework" version="6.1.3" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="font-awesome" version="4.7.0" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="HubSpot.Tether" version="1.1.1" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="jQuery" version="3.1.1" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="jQuery.UI.Combined" version="1.12.1" targetFramework="net462" />
  <package id="lodash" version="4.17.4" targetFramework="net462" />
2 Answers

just use diffrent cdn i was using cdn from bootstrap website it was not working jquery cdn

It might be due to jquery slim version

Related