I'm very new to JavaScript so please don't attack me for "ignorant" questions.
In my current code, I'm stuck in what seems to be an infinite loop (but not entirely infinite) that eventually ends after maybe 5 times passing through all of my prompts.
var authors = [];
for(var authorName = 0; authorName < books.length; authorName++)
{
authors[0]=parseFloat(prompt("Who wrote War and Peace?"));
authors[1]=parseFloat(prompt("Who wrote Huckleberry Finn?"));
authors[2]=parseFloat(prompt("Who wrote The Return of the Native?"));
authors[3]=parseFloat(prompt("Who wrote A Christmas Carol?"));
authors[4]=parseFloat(prompt("Who wrote Exodus?"));
}
I'm not sure If I'm just not setting the array up correctly or the for loop or what I need to do to get it to go through and populate the array.
Please keep in mind that I'm very new at JavaScript so the most basic, beginner, simple answers would be the best. I'm just trying to get a strong foothold on the basics as of right now. (: