Angular 2 Material Customize md-menu

Viewed 12736

I am new to Angular 2 Material and I am trying to customize the style of the md-menu component.

<md-icon class="material-icons" [mdMenuTriggerFor]="menu">dehaze</md-icon>
<md-menu #menu="mdMenu" [overlapTrigger]="false">
  <button md-menu-item>Item 1</button>
  <button md-menu-item>Item 2</button>
</md-menu>

The predefined style settings work fine (e.g. setting the Menu to non-overlapping), but I would like to set the md-menu to 100% width and have a little space between the md-icon button, that expands the menu, which I can not do with the predefined directives from Angular 2 Material.

So far I found a solution with the /deep/ css command, but I read that the command is not supported by the major browsers any more.

What is a good way to customize a Angular 2 Material component? How could I style my md-menu, so that it has 100% width and some space between it´s expanding button?

To illustrate what I am talking about: Draft of the menu

3 Answers
Related