What programming languages and databases are suported by Hyperledger Fabric?

Viewed 6416

I have previous experience in using Ethereum and Solidity, but now I want to try writing smart contracts for Hyperledger.

I have few considerations:

First one is regarding supported databases. According to their documentation (http://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ledger.html) they use LevelDB for storing contract data and CouchDB support is still in beta. Does anyone have any experience using CouchDB in Hyperledger?

Second, I see that Go is mostly used for the specification of smart contracts, but they have support for Java too. Is Java still in beta too, and is there support for any other programming language?

Also, what operating system do you suggest for production server running Hyperledger?

Thank you for the answers.

4 Answers

Hyperledger initially was build using Go language.

the aim of the hyperledger team is to support as many languages as possible. currently the hyperledger composer( tool for developing blockchain application) supports javascript for defining the assets, transactions and chaincode.

the transactions log, state data and backed by Level DB and Couch DB

Note :

LevelDB and CouchDB are fully integrated in fabric framework, currently you can't replace them with other database

Chaincode runs in a secured Docker container, the chaincode (aka smart-contract)can be programmed in Go,Node,Java currently Go is stable and fully supported language.

considering the operating system i have tested the fabric network running on Microsoft Azure platform where created a image of ubuntu 16.04 and installed Fabric framework.till now got no issue on it.

Related