Bag of Words with HOG descriptors

Viewed 1755

I'm not quite sure how to implement the "Bag of Words" approach with HOG descriptors. I've checked several sources which usually provide several steps to follow:

  1. Compute the HOGs for the set of valid training images.
  2. Apply an clustering algorithm to retrieve n centroids from the descriptors.
  3. Perform some magic to create histograms with the frequency of the nearest centroids of the computed HOGs or use OpenCVs implementation to do this.
  4. Train a linear SVM with the histograms

The step which involves magic (3) is not really clear. If I don't use OpenCV, how would I implement it?

The HOGs are vectors which are calculated cell-wise. So I have a vector for each cell. I could iterate over the vector and calculate the closest centroid for each element of the vector and create the histogram accordingly. Would this be a proper way to do it? But if so, I still have vectors of different sizes and no benefit from it.

1 Answers
Related