I am trying to call a Start-Job in powershell. When I do, it spawns a background powershell with the following arguments:
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Version 5.0 -s -NoLogo -NoProfile -EncodedCommand [encoded command I want to run in base64]
However, the powershell command never seems to complete, whatever the command I send it.
I tried spawning a powershell instance like this:
powershell.exe -s
And this also seems to create an instance that seems frozen, not executing or doing anything. Looking online, I cannot seem to find any reference to the -s argument.
Does anybody know what it's for or how to get rid of it so that my start-jobs work properly?
Edit: It's possible that -s is the shorthand for -sta, but my command does not freeze using -sta, but it does using -s.
Edit2: I have since found out that -s is a shorthand for -ServerMode, apparently a Legacy Powershell 2.0 option. I have no idea why that is added when using Start-Job.
Edit3: The command I use is:
$deploymentsJobs += Start-Job -InitializationScript { SomeSmallFunction } (AnotherFunction) -ArgumentList $arg1, $arg2, $arg3}