I have audio files hosted on a server that I'd like my app to access after authenticating. Users send a GET request which includes an authentication token, and the server returns the binary audio data.
As far as I can see there is no way to save this 'blob' as an audio file to the filesystem. The current implementation of fetch in react-native doesn't support blobs: link
... and the ideally-suited react-native-fetch-blob library isn't supported in expo either: link
Additionally I can see no way of streaming the audio file from the server. The included audio library with expo allows streaming of audio from a url (e.g. http://example.com/myaudio.mp3) however I can't see any way to attach an authorisation header to the request (e.g. "Authorization": "Bearer [my-token]").
Is there a way of achieving this, either by downloading and saving the audio blob, or streaming from a url with an authorisation header included in the request? I could detach my project from Expo but I'd like to leave that as a last-resort.