Which Firefox browser versions supported for given Geckodriver version?

Viewed 31104

I regularly update Firefox and Chrome browser, current version 54.0.1 32 bit So which version of Geckodriver to be used. I tried with both version Geckodriver-v0.18.0 and geckodriver-v0.16.1

For future reference where can I find the list the supported firefox browsers with respective geckodriver versions

Note: No any code changes in launch browser

Previous the code was working with geckodriver-v0.16.1 for older firefox versions Now getting exception after updating firefox 54.0.1 and Geckodriver-v0.18.0 :

org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output: oundUpdates":1,"bootstrap":false,"skinnable":false,"size":3242616,"sourceURI":null,"releaseNotesURI":null,"softDisabled":false,"foreignInstall":true,"hasBinaryComponents":false,"strictCompatibility":false,"locales":[],"targetApplications":[{"id":"{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}","minVersion":"1.5","maxVersion":"9.9"}],"targetPlatforms":[],"multiprocessCompatible":false,"signedState":0,"seen":true,"dependencies":[],"hasEmbeddedWebExtension":false,"mpcOptedOut":false,"userPermissions":null}

2 Answers

The canonical source of this information is published by Mozilla in the official geckodriver documentation. The docs are updated with each new geckodriver release.

The main documentation link is located here:

... and specifically, see the "Supported platforms" page here:

It contains a mapping between geckodriver releases, supported versions of Firefox, and required Selenium versions.

Related