How can I create a folder within a Team Drive with the Google API?

Viewed 3934

I'm struggling to create a folder within a Team Drive using the Google API PHP Client Library.

I am using a service account and impersonating a user (myself) who is a member of the Team Drive and can list the contents of the drive. However, when I create a folder it always creates it in 'My Drive' rather than the Team Drive specified.

Attempt 1

$client = new Google_Client();
$client->useApplicationDefaultCredentials();
$client->addScope("https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive");
$client->setSubject('user@mydomain.com');

$service = new Google_Service_Drive($client);

$folderId = '0AIuzzEYPQu9CUk9PVA';
$fileMetadata = new Google_Service_Drive_DriveFile(array(
    'name' => 'New Test Folder',
    'mimeType' => 'application/vnd.google-apps.folder',
    'supportsAllDrives' => true,
    'parents' => ['0AIuzzEYPQu9CUk9PVA']
));

Attempt 2

$fileMetadata = new Google_Service_Drive_DriveFile(array(
    'name' => 'New Test Folder',
    'mimeType' => 'application/vnd.google-apps.folder',
    'supportsAllDrives' => true,
    'driveId' => '0AIuzzEYPQu9CUk9PVA'
));

UPDATE Attempt 3

$fileMetadata = new Google_Service_Drive_DriveFile(array(
    'name' => 'Hello 123',
    'supportsAllDrives' => true,
    'mimeType' => 'application/vnd.google-apps.folder',
    'parents' => ['0AIuzzEYPQu9CUk9PVA']
));

$file = $service->files->create($fileMetadata, array(
      'fields' => 'id'));
    printf("Folder ID: %s\n", $file->id);

Attempt 3 gives this error: Fatal error: Uncaught Google_Service_Exception: { "error": { "errors": [ { "domain": "global", "reason": "notFound", "message": "File not found: 0AIuzzEYPQu9CUk9PVA.", "locationType": "parameter", "location": "fileId" } ]

I have read all the (limited) documentation regarding Team Drive and the API and understand that a folder/file within a Team Drive can only have one parent (The Team Drive's ID) so I have tried variations of the parent as an array and string.

The folder is created correctly, just in the wrong place.

1 Answers
Related