Convert UTF-8 to ANSI using VBA

Viewed 17279

I have a VBA Excel code which takes Japanese data from excel sheet compares it with Japanese data in text file and replaces Japanese words with English words. But I am supposed to be able to do this on UTF-8 text file. This code replaces all the Japanese words with weird characters. How do I save without any issue ?

Open sFileName For Input As iFileNum

For n = 1 To lngLastCell
Label5.Caption = n & "/" & lngLastCell
searchtext = MySearch(n)
valuetext = MyText(n)

eplcCount = 0
spltCount = 0

searchpart = Array(searchtext)
valuepart = Array(valuetext)

Do Until EOF(iFileNum)
Line Input #iFileNum, sBuf
sTemp = sTemp & sBuf & vbCrLf

Loop


Close iFileNum

sTemp = Replace(sTemp, searchtext, valuetext)

'iFileNum = FreeFile
Open sFileName For Output As iFileNum
Print #iFileNum, sTemp

Next n 

Code works well with ANSI characters.

1 Answers
Related