I have been doing some exercises to learn c++ and decided to integrate them into R since ultimately I want to write c++ backends for R functions. I am having trouble finding a solution to retrieve user input from the R console. While there is Rcpp::Rcout for printing and returning output, there doesn't seem to be a similar funciton for std::cin....
#include <Rcpp.h>
// [[Rcpp::export]]
Rcpp::String cola() {
Rcpp::Rcout << "Pick a drink:" << std::endl << "1 - Espresso" << std::endl << "2 - Americano" << std::endl << "3 - Latte" << std::endl << "4 - Cafe dopio" <<
std::endl << "5 - Tea" << std::endl;
int drink;
std::cin >> drink;
std::string out;
switch(drink) {
case 1: out = "Here is your Espresso";
case 2: out = "Here is your Americano";
case 3: out = "Here is your Latte";
case 4: out = "Here is your Cafe dopio";
case 5: out = "Here is your Tea";
case 0: out = "Error. Choice was not valid, here is your money back.";
break;
default:
if(drink > 5) {out = "Error. Choice was not valid, here is your money back.";}
}
return out;
}