Can I build an Angular 2 project without using webpack?

Viewed 1770

I am new to the angular2 and web app development. I'm finding it difficult to develop using webpack.

I am using Visual Studio 2017. I want to build an asp.net core web project's UI with angular-cli. When I created an Angular app with angular-cli, webpack had already been selected as my application's bundling tool.

Is there a way I can set up an Angular application with a simpler bundle than webpack?

I am also a little confused regarding karma.conf.js and all of the *.bundle.js files that appear in my project's dist folder.

  • What does karma.conf.js do?
  • Are all the *.bundle.js files generated from webpack? If not, why do they appear there?

Here's a screenshot of my file tree showing the *.bundle.js files.

here is a list of the bundle.js files in my application

1 Answers
Related