How do I install the standalone Android SDK and then add it to IntelliJ IDEA on Windows?

Viewed 27957

This is the webpage showing from where I downloaded the SDK:

This is the webpage of the downloaded SDK

On extracting the .zip folder, and opening the 'tools' folder, all I can see in an emulator.exe, mksdcard.exe and a host of .bat files (as shown below).

This is the folders contents.

How do I proceed?

4 Answers

As Karan Sharma mentioned in this post.
To add an existing SDK, you should close your project if you have any open one. close your project

Then from the Welcome page select Configure -> Project Defaults -> Project Structure Configure -> Project Defaults -> Project Structure

And then from the Default Project Structure window and from the left side, select SDKs and then the plus button from the toolbar, and from the menu select Android SDK Select Android SDK option from the Menu

And then give the address to the location where your Android SDK files are in, and hit OK. Final result

Thats it!
Now it should be working for you!

You can also install the SDK in the IDEA GUI. It says in the tutorial,

If you don't have the Android SDK configured, IntelliJ IDEA will detect this and prompt you to download it:

enter image description here

Related