I noticed that buying % of IAP for one of my apps in China is very low compared to other countries. I conclude its because of the price being to high. I want to be able to implement different price tiers for my IAPs per country (and then specifically for China in the first place). I know there are these special price tiers (tier A, B, alternate tier 4...) which already offer some cheaper prices for “emerging countries” but they will not do.
All my IAP are non-consumables.
After research here is my idea:
- Define for each IAP a normal and cheap one in the itunes portal.
- When requesting the info via the StoreKit API in the app I would request both “variants” of each IAP
- The returned SKProduct.priceLocal.regionCode could tell me if the user is in China in which case I would select to take the cheap variant of the IAP (logic implemented in the app).
Would this be a good approach? Does apple allow this strategy?