How to view the git history of a specific file using GitKraken similar to PhpStorm/WebStorm

Viewed 14962

I DON'T care about looking at the git history of a file that has been marked as "modified".

What I want is something akin to what WebStorm/PhpStorm have where you can select any file in your project (modified or NOT) and inspect it's git history and all the changes to that file.

I also DON'T want to have to look down the list of the git tree, and click on each one to see which files were commited.

2 Answers

Here's another way if you prefer to keep your hand on the mouse. Select the most recent commit, and in the right pane check the "View all files" box. Now you have a tree view of the entire repository, not just the modified files. Browse to the file of interest, right-click and select "File History".

Related