I'm using React Apollo to query all records in my datastore so I can create choices within a search filter.
The important database model I'm using is Report.
A Report has doorType, doorWidth, glass and manufacturer fields.
Currently when the query responds, I'm passing allReports to multiple dumb components which go through the array and just get the unique items to make a selectable list, like so..
const uniqueItems = []
items.map(i => {
const current = i[itemType]
if (typeof current === 'object') {
if (uniqueItems.filter(o => o.id !== current.id)) {
return uniqueItems.push(current)
}
} else if (!uniqueItems.includes(current)) {
return uniqueItems.push(current)
}
return
})
Obviously this code isn't pretty and it's a bit overkill.
I'd like to dispatch an action when the query returns within my SidebarFilter components. Here is the query...
const withData = graphql(REPORT_FILTER_QUERY, {
options: ({ isPublished }) => ({
variables: { isPublished }
})
})
const mapStateToProps = ({
reportFilter: { isPublished }
// filterOptions: { doorWidths }
}) => ({
isAssessment
// doorWidths
})
const mapDispatchToProps = dispatch =>
bindActionCreators(
{
resetFilter,
saveFilter,
setDoorWidths,
handleDoorWidthSelect
},
dispatch
)
export default compose(connect(mapStateToProps, mapDispatchToProps), withData)(
Filter
)
The Redux action setDoorWidths basically does the code above in the SidebarFilter component but it's kept in the store so I don't need to re-run the query should the user come back to the page.
It's very rare the data will update and the sidebar needs to change.
Hopefully there is a solution using the props argument to the graphql function. I feel like the data could be taken from ownProps and then an action could be dispatched here but the data could error or be loading, and that would break rendering.
Edit:
Query:
query ($isPublished: Boolean!){
allReports(filter:{
isPublished: $isPublished
}) {
id
oldId
dbrw
core
manufacturer {
id
name
}
doorWidth
doorType
glass
testBy
testDate
testId
isAssessment
file {
url
}
}
}