Git Extensions for Windows: "could not create work tree dir" "Invalid argument"

Viewed 7887

First attempt trying to figure out Git & GitHub. Using Git Extensions on Windows. Fresh install. I made an SSH Key pair, put the public key in a Github account I just made, and loaded the private key before trying to clone a repo.

It doesn't seem to matter what repo I try to clone, I keep getting the same error, and I don't know why.

"git" clone -v --recurse-submodules --progress "https://github.com/astranauta/5etools.git" "H:/GIT/astranauta/5etools/5etools"
fatal: could not create work tree dir 'H:/GIT/astranauta/5etools/5etools"': Invalid argument

Done

Press Enter or Esc to close console...
3 Answers

In my case the problem was with repositry name e.g I mistakenly added one extra . to the end of repositry name while creating repositry. The name was like CRUD-With-GraphQL..git. So the . before .git was the actual issue. I renamed my repositry, removed the extra . and the problem was resolved.

Related