Unable to access App Engine Application running in Android Studio using Android Device Application in LAN

Viewed 238
  1. I am running Google App Engine application in Android Studio.
  2. Installing Android Application to my Android Device from the same Android Studio.
  3. appengine task configuration in build.gradle of GAE application is as follows:

    appengine {
        downloadSdk = true
        jvmFlags = ["-Ddatastore.backing_store=$localDbPath"]
        httpPort = 8888
        httpAddress = "0.0.0.0"
    }
    
  4. Connecting both devices ("Laptop - which running Android Studio" and "Mobile which running Android Application") in the same LAN connection.

  5. My Android Application makes a request to the AppEngine application which running on Android Studio.
  6. As a result of the above call I'm getting "Connection timeout" error.
  7. If run the App Engine application in Eclipse instead of Android Studio then Android Device Application is able to make a successful to connection to GAE Application.
  8. One more thing I tried is configuring Laptop IP Address in httpAddress like ***.***.*.*. Still getting the connection timeout error.

What are the settings missing in Android Studio ?

1 Answers
Related