How to use PyPy (for python 3.6) on PyCharm running on Windows 10?

Viewed 9270

Hi I'm trying to use PyPy (for Python 3) as an interpreter on my PyCharm community version running on Windows 10. I don't see any install options specifically for Windows on the PyPy website.

Is there a way to use the source code or the binaries to use PyPy on my Pycharm?

2 Answers

The 32-Bit Beta Version for Windows works. In detail:

  • Tested today 2. July 2018
  • 2018-06 Windows 10 Version 1803 for Intel based systems (KB4284848)
  • pypy3-v6.0.0-win32.zip downloaded today from http://pypy.org/download.html
  • PyCharm 2018.1.4 Professional Edition

I've unpacked the downloaded "pypy3-v6.0.0-win32.zip" to "C:\pypy3-v6.0.0-win32". No need to run any installer. I've created a new PyCharm-Project. Go to into the Menu "File" select "Settings". Then select "Project pane", click the Cog, click "Add ...", click "System Interpreter", click "..." on the top-right and navigate to "C:\pypy3-v6.0.0-win32\pypy3.exe".

PyCharm took a while to generate all skeletons. After that, everything runs as expected.

If you need more instructions on how to set new Python interpreter: Pycharm has a detailed instrucions.

Related