iperf error: connect failed: no route to host

Viewed 24968

I have installed same version of iperf (2.0.5) on 2 different ubuntu systems. But when i execute command iperf -s -p 45678 on one system and iperf -c 172.18.41.17 -p 458 -t 10 on another system. It gives me error "connect failed: No route to host".

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: One system is working as server but the same system is not working as client.

6 Answers

sometimes, the firewall service will prevent the tcp connection initiation, try by disabling the firewall service in client and server "service firewalld stop

by default iperf uses its ipv6 run on the server

iperf -s -p -4 45678

on the client run

iperf -c 172.18.41.17 -p 458 -t 10 -4 

Try using a different port. I'm having this issue but when I try other ports, it is working. I'd like to know the reason however.

Also server and client port should be the same

If the link delay in the network is greater than tcp connection timeout value. Then, this might happen. Because the SYN packet wont get ACK within the timeout value. Therefore iperf client will out Connection failed: No route to host

Related