How to Create a Apple Music User Token outside iOS

Viewed 3874

I am trying to let people like tracks, albums or playlists on Apple Music from a webpage.

I understand the manual on this page: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternetWeb/Conceptual/AppleMusicWebServicesReference/SetUpWebServices.html

Until I hit the part where I should use the requestUserToken(forDeveloperToken:completionHandler:) method from SKCloudServiceController in the StoreKit framework, since there is no StoreKit framework available for outside iOS/macOS/tvOS/etc.

How is this token generated? Is there any other way I can generate this Music User Token manually?

I know it is a (very) longshot, but maybe someone figured it out!

2 Answers

The new Apple MusicKit JS library allows you to create Music User Token's from your Developer Token as seen here outside of iOS. Once you've loaded the Library you can use the authorize method to allow a user to authenticate and generate a token.

document.addEventListener('musickitloaded', function() {
  // MusicKit global is now defined
  MusicKit.configure({
    developerToken: 'DEVELOPER-TOKEN',
    app: {
      name: 'My Cool Web App',
      build: '1978.4.1'
    }
  });

  let music = MusicKit.getInstance();

  music.authorize().then(musicUserToken => {
    console.log(musicUserToken);
  });
});
Related