Failed prop type: Invalid prop 'value' of type 'object' supplied to 'TextInput' React Native

Viewed 23506

I have the following TextInput Component:

<TextInput value={this.state.inputText}
  maxLength={1}
  onSubmitEditing={this.textHandler}
  onChangeText={(text) => this.setState({inputText: text})} />

When I change the input to '' and submit it (in the TextInput) I have the following error: "Failed prop type: Invalid prop 'value' of type 'object' supplied to 'TextInput'"

I tried deleting each callback and apparently, the error is throwed because of the 'onSubmitEditing'.

textHandler = (text) => {

  if(text == '' || text == '-' ){
    text = '0';
  }

  this.setState({inputText: text});
}

How can I make the callback to be called only where text is a string and not an object?

2 Answers

I have faced the same issue. It normally occurs Invalid or wrong props types of the components or elements.

My case I have put in <TextInput onChangeText={}/> instead of <TextInput onChange={}/>. So I have faced the problem. Please check your props type first right or wrong. It's working for me.

Related