Pixel launcher keeps stopping, after updating SDK

Viewed 6713

After updating the SDK, I'm having this problem when I run the emulator:
Pixel launcher keeps stopping,

Emulator screenshot


Please help me and thank you very much
Note: I use android studio 2.3.3

2 Answers

Actually, anas darai's comment is the answer, but I'll expand it a bit. The general workaround is the following:

  1. Delete the AVD and the system image;
  2. Download the system image;
  3. Create a new AVD;
  4. Start the Android Emulator;

    4.a. Click on the More button (those 3 horizontal dots) in the Nav Controls (the bar next to the emulator);

    Click on the More button (those 3 horizontal dots) in the Nav Controls (the bar next to the emulator)

    4.b. Click on Settings;

    Click on Settings

    4.c. Select from the OpenGL ES renderer dropdown the option ANGLE(D3D11);

    Select from the OpenGL ES renderer dropdown the option: ANGLE(D3D11)

    4.d. Restart the Android Emulator.

Steps 1 to 3 are optional in most of the cases.

If it still isn't working, you should check the following:

  • does your CPU meet the requirements? solution: check out the Hardware requirements from Installation Instructions for HAXM;
  • does HAXM have enough RAM and heap space so it can run the AVD? solution: reinstall HAXM and use at least the recommended settings;
  • for slightly different solutions, check out Pixel launcher keeps stopping.
Related