Heroku: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection

Viewed 707

I have my app deployed through Heroku and have used their Automated Certificate Management tool to add an SSL certificate as my old, manually added certificate, had expired. After adding my certificate and running heroku certs I see the following:

Name                Common Name(s)               Expires               Trusted  Type
──────────────────  ───────────────────────────  ────────────────────  ───────  ────
tyrannosaurs-53659  www.foobar.com               2017-10-15 12:59 UTC  True     ACM

but when I test my url using curl I see:

$ curl -kvI https://www.foobar.com
* Rebuilt URL to: https://www.foobar.com/
*   Trying 54.243.71.103...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to www.foobar.com (54.243.71.103) port 443 (#0)
* Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.foobar.com:-9838
* Curl_http_done: called premature == 1
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.foobar.com:-9838

Navigating to the link in my browser shows no error, but I'm confused why curl is showing an error?

1 Answers

When you switch to ACM from manual certs sometimes certificate generated by ACM may be missed due to some reasons [rate limit or other reasons not mentioned any where :( ].

I had the same issue and it was resolved by removing and selecting ACM option.

Note:ACM will be available once status will show OK in domain section.

Related