Adding a public static ipv4 address to an AWS load balancer

Viewed 851

I have a load balancer configured to have an IPV4 Ip address. However, the provided IP is a DNS mapped IP address to the load balancer of the format *.ap-south-1.elb.amazonaws.com.

I need to configure IOT devices to send data to the load balancer and they do not support DNS. How can I assign a static IP address like ... to my load balancer so that I can configure my IOT devices to send data to it.

The Elastic IPs section does not provide a facility to allocate it to a load balancer and only supports ec2 instances.

Conclusion:

I have found a way to use DNS on my IOT device and working on this was vital. I am now aware of the option of manually hosting a load-balancer on an EC2 instance. A simper alternative is forwarding all requests at an elastic IP addressed EC2 instance to the load balancer. However, this will cause a bottleneck at the transparent proxy. Hence, I think using the DNS feature on the IOT device is the best option.

3 Answers
Related