I can clone repo and pull, but I can't push

Viewed 15905

I'm trying to push changes to the remote repo, but for some reason I can't.

When I git branch this is what I see:

develop
feature/all_features
* feature/Tommaso

And when I git status:

On branch feature/Tommaso
nothing to commit, working directory clean

I could clone the repo and pull from the develop, but when I do git pull this is what I get:

There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details.
git pull <remote> <branch>
If you wish to set tracking information for this branch you can do so with:
git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/<branch> feature/Tommaso

I guess the problem is that the remote repo does not have the current branch I created locally.

EDIT: I was not sufficiently clear: I'd like to create the branch feature/Tommaso in feature/allfeatures . I say this for those of you who may have thought I was trying to create a branch of the develop

Is that it? How can I solve it?

Tell me if you need other info to address the issue. Thank you in advance

5 Answers

You can encounter this if you have read but not write permission for the repo.

Related