How to find error in 'The program .. has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).'

Viewed 2641

I have an uwp project testing on Win 10 iot core with raspberry pi 3. I do remote debugging on device. After a while the application crashes and only i can see in debug is that error.'The program .. has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).' how can i see more meaningful things about this. The debug is stopping after that.

Edit The output in vs 2015 no more message showing.Only that error. My project is about ble devices. I am making some read and write operations with using ConcurrentDictionary from different threads. But all of those operations in try catch block. I cannot be sure the problem is about that because noone coming in catch.Also i have following App.cs code

this.UnhandledException += (sender, e) =>
            {
                e.Handled = true;
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(e.Exception);
            };

But this code is not hitted too.

2 Answers

I ran into a similar error while wrapping a C++ DLL for a windows Forms application.

The issue was that I returned an unmanaged const char* from the C++ process and declared it as a string in the C# environment (that is supposed to work) but the system didn't recognize it, but didn't catch any error.

It seems to be a built-in C# behavior. I had to go through an IntPtr and Marshal it into a string and the error magically disappeared.

It might have nothing to do with your setting but the symptoms were the same: "Crashing of the application without warning and no exception thrown or caught."

If I were you, and if you're still struggling with this issue, I would look for issues in the DLL wrappings.

Related