Why ng e2e builds modules?

Viewed 1514

I used selenium webdriver before, in custom build project. It just opened web page of my project right away and immediately started running test cases. The only prerequisite was to start project server before launching it.

Now after creating generic project using 'ng new' I started it with 'ng serve'. Then I ran 'ng e2e' to test UI. It works, but for some reason it goes through whole module building thing again. It takes some time while I would like tests to start as fast as possible, and I know from my experience that it can be done.

The question: Can module building phase of ng e2e be omitted?

2 Answers

with the angular 6 and on --no-serve is not available anymore, so use instead:

ng e2e "--dev-server-target="

(yes empty value after the '=') this will work if you have another window running an ng serve command.

Related