Analyzing 10k solidworks parts through python

Viewed 2187

I have been looking around on and off for the last week to see if anybody has performed this type of work. Unfortunately I have found very little that is python specific.

I have a repository with ~10k solidworks parts. I would like to analyse these files in batch and collect information like volume, material, etc, so to get some general statistical information. Ideally this would be in python but solutions in other languages are more than welcome.

Most answers I found are about creating addons in VB,C#, C++ to interact with Solidworks API but nothing about doing general statistical analysis of just the parts. I don't want to interact with the application or build features, I just want to look at what's inside the files without having Solidworks. I am also working on Linux which is not supported by Solidworks.

1 Answers
Related