In older versions of the plugin you could use <finalName>, but that does not exist any more.
At the moment I am getting projectName-version-jar-with-dependencies.jar and it would be nice to change this.
In older versions of the plugin you could use <finalName>, but that does not exist any more.
At the moment I am getting projectName-version-jar-with-dependencies.jar and it would be nice to change this.
In a multi-module project, I created the assemblies in each module. To change the name I used a new child module called 'assembly' and I collected all the single module assemblies into a new directory. At that point, you can change the output name. I am following this FAQ https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/faq.html#module-binaries
My final assembly (collection of all module assemblies look like this):
<assembly>
<id>final</id>
<formats>
<format>dir</format>
</formats>
<includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
<moduleSets>
<moduleSet>
<useAllReactorProjects>true</useAllReactorProjects>
<binaries>
<attachmentClassifier>jar-with-dependencies</attachmentClassifier>
<outputDirectory>dist/${module.artifactId}</outputDirectory>
<unpack>false</unpack>
<includeDependencies>false</includeDependencies>
</binaries>
</moduleSet>
</modulesSets>
</assembly>
This should allow you to change the artifact name for the assembly file only.