How can I keep raspberry timekeeping accurate?

Viewed 1611

I have 3 Raspberry 3 Model B devices. Their operation system is Windows 10 IOT, they were installed on the same day (yesterday).

I have very strange experiences with their timekeeping, they are highly inaccurate. Some of them some secs behind the correct time, while others 3-4 minutes. The common behaviour is inaccurancy.

I try to force time sync at every startup by calling "w32tm /resync /force" in a startup scheduled script. It does not seem to help at all.

I also tried to use different Wi-Fi networks (from different vendors), the problem exists on all of them.

When queriing time status by w32tm /query /status I get the following results:

Device 1

Leap Indicator: 3(last minute has 61 seconds) Stratum: 0 (unspecified) Precision: -23 (119.209ns per tick) Root Delay: 0.0000000s Root Dispersion: 0.0000000s ReferenceId: 0x00000000 (unspecified) Last Successful Sync Time: unspecified Source: Local CMOS Clock Poll Interval: 10 (1024s)

Device 2

Leap Indicator: 0(no warning) Stratum: 3 (secondary reference - syncd by (S)NTP) Precision: -23 (119.209ns per tick) Root Delay: 0.1734432s Root Dispersion: 0.4173777s ReferenceId: 0x338C7FC5 (source IP: 51.140.127.197) Last Successful Sync Time: 7/14/2017 7:48:12 AM Source: time.windows.com,0x9 Poll Interval: 15 (32768s)

Device 3

Leap Indicator: 0(no warning) Stratum: 3 (secondary reference - syncd by (S)NTP) Precision: -23 (119.209ns per tick) Root Delay: 0.1850726s Root Dispersion: 16.7226250s ReferenceId: 0x338C7FC5 (source IP: 51.140.127.197) Last Successful Sync Time: 7/14/2017 11:42:52 AM Source: time.windows.com,0x9 Poll Interval: 10 (1024s)

I read topics over the net about the issue, but I could not find any working solution. I seems very strange for me, time should be critical factor in the majority of applications, so there must be a solution.

Would you be so kind to help me to solve it? Any suggestions are highly appriciated!

5 Answers
Related