How to use CryptoJS with Angular 4

Viewed 51313

When I was not using Angular 4, I would just put the script tags for the library. Even when I put the script tags in the index.html file it is not recognizing CryptoJS. Is there a way to use the library or a Angular equivalent?

3 Answers

Use following command to install cryptoJS

npm install crypto-js --save

You can then build a AESEncryptDecryptService service.

import { Injectable } from '@angular/core';
import * as CryptoJS from 'crypto-js';

@Injectable({
  providedIn: 'root'
})
export class AESEncryptDecryptService {

  secretKey = "YourSecretKeyForEncryption&Descryption";
  constructor() { }

  encrypt(value : string) : string{
    return CryptoJS.AES.encrypt(value, this.secretKey.trim()).toString();
  }

  decrypt(textToDecrypt : string){
    return CryptoJS.AES.decrypt(textToDecrypt, this.secretKey.trim()).toString(CryptoJS.enc.Utf8);
  }
}

In your component, Import & Inject this service

import { AESEncryptDecryptService } from '../services/aesencrypt-decrypt.service'; 


constructor(private _AESEncryptDecryptService: AESEncryptDecryptService) { }

Use encrypt / decrypt functions

let encryptedText = _self._AESEncryptDecryptService.encrypt("Hello World");
let decryptedText = _self._AESEncryptDecryptService.decrypt(encryptedText);
Related