how to generate AndroidManifest.xml from a react-native app created with react-native init

Viewed 32522

I used react-native init to create my react application. I'm trying to tie in auth0 and auth0 documentation is saying I need something from the androidManafest.xml. The problem is that the react-native init didn't create "android/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml " during the process. How does this get created and tie into my react-native app?

5 Answers

AndroidManifest.xml exists only in the bare workflow (Expo). To get an access to these files in bare workflow files you need to run expo eject. Assuming you are on the managed workflow.

In managed workflow, where you can see only JavaScript-related files, these files are generated in the Expo server = you have no access to these.

If you are in an Expo In managed workflow you will not see the AndroidManifest.xml file.

Since you don’t have access to changing the xml file in an Expo managed project, the app.json / app.config.js file let’s you make the necessary changes.

if you are using VS Code for React Native development, you can find AndroidManifest.xml in android directory of the app folder as follows:

android\app\src\main

Related