How to avoid duplicate entries build errors in UWP app?

Viewed 1661

I try to create an UWP app package in VS 2017.

When creating I get a mysterious error message: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error 0xdef00532 - Conflicting values for resource 'Files/Assets/Square44x44Logo.png' ProjectName C:...\GENERATEPROJECTPRIFILE

and

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error Duplicate entries. ProjectName C:...\error PRI175

It seems something wrong with the image resources, but they were created the built in Asset Genetor of appxmainifest's Visual Assets tab. I did not change anything, I simply added a 400x400 png image and clicked generate, and assets are generated. There is no duplication in files.

I tried to delete, regenerate, remove, add them again etc, but neither helped.

What should I do?

1 Answers

After encountering this problem myself and spending a couple of hours trying to solve it, I finally came across something that seems like a solution:

Simply make sure the assets won't be generated in folder "Assets" directly, but in a subfolder, e.g. "Assets\AppIcon". Just change the value in field "Target" accordinlgy before generating the assets!

Related