Name [ejb:..] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [ejb: ].] with root cause javax.naming.NameNotFoundException in Wildfly

Viewed 2039

I am trying to call my EJBs in a remote environment and I am using Wildfly as my container.

Apologies but this is my first time trying to call an EJBs in a remote way.

I have used the instructions below for invoking EJBs in Wildfly. https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/EJB+invocations+from+a+remote+client+using+JNDI

But, I am having an error calling these EJBs and I do not know what is wrong to my configuration.

See error stack trace below:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcher] in context with path [/Project-demo] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [ejb: /ImageService-1.0-SNAPSHOT//GrayscaleImageServiceImpl!com.project.imageservice.ImageManipulateService] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [ejb: ].] with root cause
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [ejb: /ImageService-1.0-SNAPSHOT//GrayscaleImageServiceImpl!com.project.imageservice.ImageManipulateService] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [ejb: ].
    at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
    at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)
    at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:158)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:417)
    at com.sketchy.remote.context.RemoteContext.lookupRemoteGrayscaleService(RemoteContext.java:30)
    at com.sketchy.controllers.ServiceController.grayscaleService(ServiceController.java:78)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:205)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:133)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:97)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:827)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:738)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:963)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:897)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:970)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:861)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:846)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My interface in both remote server and client side:

public interface ImageManipulateService{
    public UploadedImage manipulate(UploadedImage img) throws IOException, Exception;
}

My EJB in the remote server (Wildfly):

@Service
@Stateless
@Remote(ImageManipulateService.class)
public class GrayscaleImageServiceImpl implements ImageManipulateService{

    @Override
    public Object manipulate(Object img) throws IOException, Exception {
        ....
    }

}

enter image description here

Client side:

jboss-ejb-client.properties

remote.connectionprovider.create.options.org.xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED=false

remote.connections=default

remote.connection.default.host = localhost
remote.connection.default.port = 9090
remote.connection.default.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS=false

I have been running my client in tomcat server (:8080) and I'm trying to invoke the EJBs on Wildfly via localhost:9090. (is it correct?)

I also have the jboss-client.jar included in my Maven dependencies. I used version 4.0.2. (jboss-client-4.0.2.jar)

I made a java class that would call the lookup of services in order to conveniently call them.

public class RemoteContext {

    public static ImageManipulateService lookupRemoteGrayscaleService() throws NamingException {
        Hashtable jndiProperties = new Hashtable();
        jndiProperties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.ejb.client.naming");
        Context context = new InitialContext(jndiProperties);

        String appName = "";
        String moduleName = "ImageService-1.0-SNAPSHOT";
        String distinctName = "";
        String beanName = "GrayscaleImageServiceImpl";
        String viewClassName = "com.project.imageservice.ImageManipulateService";

        return (ImageManipulateService) context.lookup("ejb: " + appName + "/" + moduleName + "/" + distinctName + "/" + beanName + "!" + viewClassName);
    }

    public static ImageManipulateService lookupRemoteTimestampService() throws NamingException {
        Hashtable jndiProperties = new Hashtable();
        jndiProperties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.ejb.client.naming");
        Context context = new InitialContext(jndiProperties);

        String appName = "";
        String moduleName = "ImageService-1.0-SNAPSHOT";
        String distinctName = "";
        String beanName = "TimestampImageServiceImpl";
        String viewClassName = "com.project.imageservice.ImageManipulateService";

        return (ImageManipulateService) context.lookup("ejb: " + appName + "/" + moduleName + "/" + distinctName + "/" + beanName + "!" + viewClassName);
    }


}
2 Answers
Related