Ok so I have an npm project at my work that a bunch of us are working on. It has dependencies on 'lodash' and 'jquery'.
I do an >npm install, and it pulls down my deps. Then I bundle it.
That creates a 'package-lock.json' on my system.
Now another developer adds a new dependency on 'moment'.
He does a >npm install -S moment.
That adds it to his package.json, and he checks that in. We don't check in the package-lock.json.
Now I do a 'git pull' and get the new package.json.
Now I do >npm install, BUT because I have my own package-lock.json, it doesnt install 'moment' for me. So now I have to:
>rm package-lock.json
>npm install
And now I have 'moment'. Seems like this package-lock.json isn't really helping my workflow. Could I get an explanation of how this should work for developers on a day-to-day basis, if we are all developing on a common npm module?