Getting a "vspscc could not be found in your workspace, or you do not have permission to access it" error

Viewed 24723

Today, while trying to publish an app so I could test it, I suddenly got this error message:

The item D:\ScratchSrc\TryNewReportViewer2017\TryNewReportViewer2017\TryNewReportViewer2017.csproj.vspscc could not be found in your workspace, or you do not have permission to access it.

That's a mystery to me, as I've never gotten this before and I was working with this app just last week. Publishing it, too.

I've looked for the .vspscc file. Found it exactly where it said it should be. So, the alternative is that I don't have permissions to it. I don't understand why I shouldn't have permissions to a file on my machine that I created, but whatever. So, how do I get permissions to my own file?

I'm working with VS 2017, TFS 2015 on premise.

5 Answers

Another reason for this problem is, that the vspscc file is not checked in. Just do a "Compare" on the project folder to see, if it's missing.

If the csproj.vspscc is missing you can create a new one by removing the project in visual studio and adding it back

I was able to 'fix' the problem by going to the source control explorer, selecting the smproj file (which was checked out for editing), and checked it in by itself. Then, I checked in the Model.bim. Was able to do both of these things without getting the error.

I also tried all the usual things, deleting the entire solution directory, getting it from TFS again but nothing worked.

Noticed the version of Visual Studio 2019 was a few months old so upgraded to the latest. That fixed it!

Related