How do you use tf.summary.text to emit text that contains linebreaks?
I have tried replacing '\n' with <br> but I cannot get the output to show proper linebreaks. Without proper linebreaks makes it very hard to read yaml output as shown here:
How do you use tf.summary.text to emit text that contains linebreaks?
I have tried replacing '\n' with <br> but I cannot get the output to show proper linebreaks. Without proper linebreaks makes it very hard to read yaml output as shown here:
Tensorboard text uses the markdown format (though it doesn't support all its features). That means you need to add 2 spaces before \n to produce a linebreak, e.g. line_1 \nline_2 \nline_3
I had been encountering the same issue, so I will answer here what I found ( I put this in the issue as well).
For me I cared specifically about tables and regardless of line break type \n or \r\n ( or double space for that matter) it results in the same line-ending-less output.
| heading | heading | |--- |--- | | key | value | | key | value |
I entirely missed the part about 2d tensors will be rendered as tables but the following does create a table:
tl = [
["**key**","**value**"],
["key_2","`value_2`"],
["key_3","value_3"]
]
tfboard.add_summary(sess.run(tf.summary.text("eh1", tf.convert_to_tensor(tl))))
So it looks like all newlines are just stripped from single strings and if you want consecutive lines, try making a table as a list.